Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Family Photo Time, and Good Eats!

It has been over a year and a half since my family has had family photos taken.  So before my little skittles, E and E, return to Utah for the winter we headed to downtown Gilbert to get some family and individual shots.

I absolutely love downtown Gilbert.  One of my favorite restaurants is there, Liberty Market.  They serious have some great food.  Joe's Real BBQ is another great one and it is kitty corner from Liberty (Do you call it kitty corner or katty corner?  I guess it all depends on where you grew up...for me it has always been kitty corner).  Both places give you free food on your birthday.  Another great restaurant located in Gilbert (and my very favorite of my favorite restaurants) which also gives free food for you birthday...Joe's Farm Grill!  Joe's Real BBQ and Joe's Farm Grill are sister restaurants.  Oh My Goodness, Joe's Farm Grill is the bomb! (Yes, ok, I know, that was so yesterday, but they are).  They have  been featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I can't tell you what to try when you go because all of it is so delicious!!! If you are every in Gilbert, Arizona you have to try out all three of these places.  Hey, come for your birthday and do breakfast, lunch, and dinner and enjoy free food for your birthday.

Anyway, back to the family photos.  I decided that the exterior of Joe's Real BBQ was the place.  I love the old bricks and the vintage Coca-Cola sign on the side of the building.

It was quite a challenge to get everyone to smile in one shot.  One of the girls was showing her independent side that morning and did not want to get her picture taken.  However, I did manage to get her to smile in enough to make it worth the while.

A BIG THANKS goes to my mother-in-law who served as my tripod for the whole group shots.  She did a fantastic job.

Funny thing happened during the shoot.  A lady driving by felt that it was necessary to stop and tell my mother-in-law what she needed to do to get a good shot... hmmm, no thanks lady, we have it covered!

So, here are a select few from the shoot...


1 Comments:

LTC August 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Thanks Steph! We need to do your photos!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP